TeraFlow's Project Coordinator, Ricard Vilalta from CTTC was invited to have a talk during a seminar for Master's students in Applied Telecommunications and Engineering Management from Universidad Politecnica de Catalunya - Castelldefels School of Telecommunications and Aerospace Engineering (EETAC).
During his presentation "Software-defined control of optical networks", Ricard presented the current scenario of optical networks and how TeraFlow's approach will bridge the gaps of state-of-the-art SDN controllers by providing multiple capabilities, such as:
- Fully-disaggregated cloud-native network OS based on microservices
- Distributed control plane achieving at least 10x higher flow processing performance
- Transport-level network slicing for bridging geo-distributed SDN deployments with multi-access technologies
- Slicing coupled with complex network operator SLAs
- Fully-automated (zero-touch) deployments
If you wish to know more, check the presentation below