The 2023 EuCNC & 6G Summit puts together two telecommunications conferences: EuCNC (European Conference on Networks and Communications), supported by the European Commission, and the 6G Summit, originated from the 6G Flagship programme in Finland, one of the very first in its area. The conference is sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc), the European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP) and the European Association on Antennas and Propagation (EurAAP)
The event focuses on all aspects of telecommunications ranging from 5G deployment and mobile IoT to 6G exploration and future communications systems and networks, including experimentation and testbeds, and applications and services. In the last years more than 1300 delegates and more than 70 exhibitors have attended the conference
TeraFlow will be in the Special Session 7, “Novel technologies in disaggregated packet-optical networks to support 6G” (Thursday, 8 June 2023, 16:00-17:30, Room G1) chaired by Ricard Vilalta and Ramón Casellas from CTTC.
This special session presents contributions from 5GPPP/SNS/CL4 research communities, with the aim of facilitating discussion, and exchange of ideas and practices, and successfully promotes innovative solutions towards network automation to support 6G requisites. The session is organized as a set of technical presentations from key actors and experts in the field of transport networks. The proposed list of speakers tries to highlight both the role of industry (operators, and vendors) as well as academia.
- Introduction to the session, session chairs, Ricard Vilalta and Ramon Casellas (CTTC) 10min
- Invited: An operator’s perspective on 6G requirements for Transport Networks, Pablo Armingol-Robles (Telefónica), 20min (TeraFlow)
- An operators’ perspective on the migration to multi-band networks, Emilio Riccardi/Marco Quagliotti (TIM), 10min (B5GOpen)
- Towards ultra-low energy and secure optical networks, Tolga Tekin (IZM Fraunhofer), 10min (ALLEGRO)
- Scaling Capacity in support of Beyond 5G networks, Filippo Cugini (CNIT), 10min (SEASON)
- Flexibly Scalable Energy Efficient Networking, Raul Muñoz (CTTC), 10min (FlexScale)
- Discussion, 20min