In the last months, tons of articles have been published speculating about what should be the definition of the metaverse and which degree of evolution will experience technology in the very next future to allow it. But above all, making the metaverse a reality will require metaverse-ready networks. To support high-quality 3D graphical elements and vivid experiences within immersive reality worlds and to provide realistic interactions amongst people living in very distant places, it looks crystal clear that the next connectivity challenge will need incredible network optimizations and improved latency.
In this panoramic view, Meta appears to be one of the main stakeholders on defining the future of human interactions and the key role that network connectivity will play on it. TeraFlow has interviewed Diego Marí Moretón, Connectivity Technologies & Ecosystems Manager at Meta Spain to collect his point of view about this subject.
- We are focusing now on the OOPT MUST group inside the TIP project. How are you testing the use case requirements defined in MUST?
- TIP and the OOPT project group are setting up a robust test and validation framework for MUST. We are currently developing a set of test plans that will drive the testing phase in a way so that the testing executed grants full interoperability between the components of the SDN for Transport architecture and that gives full confidence to operators when selecting SDN and networking devices. Additionally, we will be leveraging both the existing TIP community labs available and TIP 3rd party authorized labs to make the testing phase scalable enough to test as many solutions as possible.
- How do you think TeraFlow can contribute to these validations?
- We believe that TeraFlow could be a fundamental component of the test and validation (T&V) phase. TeraFlow's open nature makes it the perfect tool for validating the conformance of different solutions against MUST test plans.
- About the MUST compliance badge for vendors, do you think that TeraFlow test suite can be of help for granting this badge?
- Absolutely, as previously mentioned, we believe that TeraFlow could be one of the main elements of the T&V phase for MUST. As we speak, we are building the framework and defining the testing low level designs using TeraFlow as one of the elements used.
- We understand that this badge will give visibility to vendors among TIP operators. Would you encourage requesting this badge to TeraFlow partners?
- Indeed, we want the badges to be a testimony of the maturity solutions are achieving, for operators in TIP but also for any other connectivity service provider out there. I am absolutely convinced that TeraFlow will be one of the solutions getting the first set of badges.