On 6th December 2022, the ETSI TeraFlowSDN group (ETSI TFS) won the Layer123 Network Transformation ‘Upstart of the Year’ Award. The awards ceremony was held at the prestigious Berkley Hotel in Knightsbridge, London.
TeraFlowSDN was launched only six months ago and was born from the TeraFlow H2020 EU-funded research project. The project is currently developing an open-source cloud native SDN controller for smart transport networks, also supporting standardization work. This award recognizes the quality of the work done in TeraFlow and also ETSI strategy to provide new software development tools and practices to an evolving standardization ecosystem. The award arrives five years after the Best Open Source Development Initiative for Network Transformation Award that was granted to OpenSourceMANO, the first Open-Source project launched by ETSI and a sibling of TeraFlow.
“This recognition rewards the intense work of the entire TeraFlowSDN community throughout this year. It is an honour and a motivation to receive this award and it encourages us to continue working for a very successful second release and thus help the adoption of transport SDN by operators” says Dr. Ricard Vilalta, CTTC, ETSI TeraFlowSDN Chair.
In the picture, our proud coordinator Ricard Vilalta from Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) receives the prize from the organisation.
For more information, visit: www.teraflow-h2020.eu
TeraFlow – Secured autonomic traffic management for a Tera of SDN flows - is an EU-funded project under the Research and Innovation programme H2020 with the Grant Agreement Nº 101015857. TeraFlow will create a new type of secure cloud-native SDN controller that will radically advance the state-of-the-art in beyond 5G networks.
For further information about the project please contact TeraFlow Project Coordinator, Ricard Vilalta, CTTC: email@example.com
Other press releases:
- 11 February 2021 - EU-funded project TeraFlow to develop a novel and secure cloud-native SDN controller for beyond 5G networks
- 23 February 2022 - TeraFlow project launches the 1st release of a software-defined cloud-native SDN controller providing capabilities and deployments of Beyond 5G networks
- 31 May 2022 - ETSI launches a new open-source group: TeraFlowSDN
- 2 February 2023 - ETSI launches second release of TeraFlowSDN, its open source Cloud-Native SDN Orchestrator and Controller for transport networks
- 22 February 2023 - ETSI TeraFlowSDN to serve as reference implementation for TIP
- 14 July 2023 - TeraFlow Introduces TeraFlowSDN 2.1: A Major Leap in Software-Defined Networking
- 25 July 2023 - TeraFlowSDN will collaborate with OpenSlice, the first ETSI SDG to deliver Network Slice as a Service