ETSI announced today – 31st May 2022 - their decision of hosting the recently created TeraFlowSDN open-source group. ETSI is officially recognized by the European Union as a European Standards Organization (ESO). With the participation of more than 950 member organizations worldwide - from industry, operators, academia, research, users and government agencies - ETSI provides a flexible platform to produce ICT standards and a space accessible to all market actors whose expertise and technical input is pooled to produce reliable technical norms for all, including industry, consumers and policy makers.
TeraFlowSDN is currently developing an open-source cloud-native SDN controller for high-capacity IP and optical networks and will help service providers and telecommunication operators to meet the challenges of future networks. The software developed by the TeraFlowSDN group will provide a useful toolbox for agile prototyping and experimentation for several ETSI industry specification groups working on network transformation. TeraFlowSDN current features like Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) framework integration and interoperability with ETSI OSM (Open-Source MANO) have been particularly valued by ETSI.
TeraFlowSDN will contribute to align common goals, get mutual feedback and accelerate standardization cycles and also aims to gain support and trigger collaboration with existing and future research projects in the 5G PPP and the Smart Networks and Services Joint Undertaking (SNS JU).
The kick-off meeting of this new group will take place remotely on 20 June 2022.
For more information, visit: www.teraflow-h2020.eu
TeraFlow – Secured autonomic traffic management for a Tera of SDN flows - is an EU-funded project under the Research and Innovation programme H2020 with the Grant Agreement Nº 101015857. TeraFlow will create a new type of secure cloud-native SDN controller that will radically advance the state-of-the-art in beyond 5G networks.
For further information about the project please contact TeraFlow Project Coordinator, Ricard Vilalta, CTTC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other press releases
- 11 February 2021 - EU-funded project TeraFlow to develop a novel and secure cloud-native SDN controller for beyond 5G networks
- 23 February 2022 - TeraFlow project launches the 1st release of a software-defined cloud-native SDN controller providing capabilities and deployments of Beyond 5G networks
- 7 December 2022 - ETSI TeraFlowSDN Winner of the Layer123 Network Transformation ‘Upstart of the Year’ Award
- 2 February 2023 - ETSI launches second release of TeraFlowSDN, its open source Cloud-Native SDN Orchestrator and Controller for transport networks
- 22 February 2023 - ETSI TeraFlowSDN to serve as reference implementation for TIP
- 14 July 2023 - TeraFlow Introduces TeraFlowSDN 2.1: A Major Leap in Software-Defined Networking
- 25 July 2023 - TeraFlowSDN will collaborate with OpenSlice, the first ETSI SDG to deliver Network Slice as a Service